Make your own free website on


Executive Officers and Board Members
Important dates to remember
CARES program
Work Shops (professional growth)
WORK SHOPS-continued
New RMR revised regulations
Favorite Links
Children Health Insurance
Upcoming Conferences
California Child Care Associations list
Contact us


                                         Tax Tips from

                                    Taxes N Books, Inc.

First I want to thank Sue for giving me this opportunity to be a part of your news letter and speak to

you each month. I was a daycare provider from 1983 to 1990. I started my tax business in 1986, specializing

in daycare taxes. I have a deep respect for the hard work you do daily and especially the importance

of the work. You providers are truly the mothers of the world, giving the love and care to

many children that would not get it otherwise.

The Stimulas payment seems to be the most current event, creating the most questions. Whether or

not you are entitled to it, is really an individual question. The main rules are: you must have at least

$3000 of net income (or social security) on your 2007 tax return to receive the minimum of $300 per

adult in the household. Then you will also receive $300 per child under 17. Children over 17 in 2007,

are turning 18 in 2008, so the IRS must be waiting until the 2008 tax return is filed, to see who claims

the 18 yr. old. Then, who ever does, will get the $300 with their 2008 tax return. Likewise for anyone

who did not get their stimulas payment or may have been shorted, the rest of the payment you are entitled

to will be given with your 2008 taxes. To get the full $600 ea. Per couple, there must have been at

least $1200 of tax paid on the tax return. For example if a family of 4 showed a total tax paid on the

tax return of $1050, and their children are under 17, they should receive $1650. (1050 + 300 + 300). If

their total tax paid was $2350, they would receive $1800. (1200 + 300 + 300).

All the payments that were sent by direct deposit should have been received by May 16th. The check

payments will start around May 16th and continue until the first week of July. The smaller the last

two digits of the main social security number on the tax return is, the sooner you will receive your

check. I hope you are all getting your payments soon and enjoying spending it.

Please feel free to call Taxes n Books, Inc. at 916-444-2666 if you have more questions. Also email

me at if you have questions or ideas for future articles.

Thank You, Judy Shorten



Redleaf National Institute
Family Child Care Provider Business News
Here is the W-10 form to give your Child Care parents for the end of the year
IRS standard meal deduction explanation
Don't use your Social Security number get a Tax ID number, go here for further information. It's easy and quick to get.
For all Tax related articles go to


Record Keeping and Taxes
Reducing Business Risks
Retirement Planning
For Tax Preparers

Contracts and Policies

Giving Your Social Security Number to Parents by Tom Copeland
Protecting Yourself When a Parent Leaves by Tom Copeland

Record Keeping and Taxes

2003 Tax Law Changes Aid Providers by Tom Copeland
A new look: IRS puts an interpretation into play to help home-based child care, San Jose Mercury News, August 9, 1998
The Case of the Fading Receipts by Tom Copeland
Changes to the Food Program by Mari Millard
Coping with High Energy Costs by Tom Copeland
Creating Memories
End-of-Year Parent Receipts by Tom Copeland
End-of-Year Record Keeping #1 by Tom Copeland
End-Of-Year Record Keeping #2 by Tom Copeland
Estimated Taxes Due by Mari Millard
Estimated Taxes for 2004 by Tom Copeland
Finding a Tax Preparer by Tom Copeland
Getting Help On Your Taxes by Tom Copeland
Going Out of Business by Tom Copeland
Health Insurance Deduction by Tom Copeland
Help in Valuing Your Property by Tom Copeland
Home Improvement by Karen Fuller
How the New Tax Cut Law Affects Providers by Tom Copeland
Illegal Aliens and Family Child Care by Karen Fuller
The Institute and the IRS, Live! by Tom Copeland
IRS Clarifies Tax Consequences of Military Housing Allowances by Tom Copeland
IRS Establishes New Website for Providers by Tom Copeland
IRS Form W-10 by Karen Fuller
IRS May Consider Revising Form 940 and Form 941 by Tom Copeland
IRS Proposes New Form to Qualify to Claim the Earned Income Tax Credit by Tom Copeland
IRS Releases Audit Guide on Family Child Care by Tom Copeland
IRS Will Allow Family Child Care Providers to Use a Standard Meal Allowance Rate by Tom Copeland
Is It a Grant or a Gift? by Tom Copeland
Is Now the Time to Buy an SUV? by Tom Copeland
Last Minute Tax Tips by Karen Fuller
New Depreciation Rule Benefits Providers by Tom Copeland
New Food Program Reimbursement Rates
New IRS Audit Guide Clarifies Business Trips by Tom Copeland
New IRS Publication on Family Child Care by Tom Copeland
New IRS Proposed Rules on Earned Income Tax Credit by Tom Copeland
New IRS Tax Rules on Sale of Home Aid Providers by Tom Copeland
New Study Says Providers File Inaccurate Tax Returns
New Tax Law Affects Providers by Tom Copeland
The New Year Brings Good News by Tom Copeland
Redleaf Makes Proposal to IRS by Tom Copeland
RNI Tax Preparer Directory by Karen Fuller
Spring is Here! by Karen Fuller
Summertime Food by Tom Copeland
Tax Forms, Mileage Rate, and End-Of-Year Ideas by Tom Copeland
Tax Return Checklist by Tom Copeland
Telephone Expenses by Tom Copeland
Time On the Internet by Tom Copeland
Tracking Food Records for 2004 by Tom Copeland
Turning a Loss into a Gain: Deducting Casualty Losses by Tom Copeland
What Should I Keep? by Mari Millard
What You Should Know About IRS Audits by Tom Copeland
When Should Partners Become a "Partnership"? by Tom Copeland
Your Social Security Number and Privacy by Tom Copeland